Monday, May 4, 2009

Al Ain Palace Museum


The former palace of Sheikh Zayed, the ruler and President of the UAE, is one of the Al Ain's tourist attractions. Back in February I ventured along Al Ain Street to the heart of the city to check it out and have a ladies outing with Beverly, Kathy, and Wendy.

Kathy, Me, and Beverly had fun in this room where the Museum provided clothes to try on, what a great photo opp. Thanks to Wendy for taking this shot.



The palace has been restored to a specific period when it was occupied by Sh. Zayed. The furnishings selected for the palace are those that would have been in the rooms at that time. The palace has several separate buildings, with their own Majlis (quest room), separate kitchen, bedrooms, 2 storey building for the bedrooms and living room, even study rooms.







I loved taking these pictures!

3 comments:

Barb said...

These are amazing photos!!

Melissa said...

Fun pictures. You took great shots. Glad you had a good day.

Unknown said...

You guys are hilarious! I love that you have mustaches on.