Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Photo Tour - Kitchen

The Before:




The After:



Dishwashers are not common over here, but cheep labor is! Yep, I see the dishwasher when I look in the mirror. :) I just do the dishes after ever meal, and it's not that bad.


No villa or flat comes with appliances, so we purchased all of these when we moved in. Above is the washing machine. (I know it's quite different for those of you back home to see it in a kitchen) Below you can see the refrigerator is right next to the entry.


For those of you who know me, I do not usually support bottled water consumption. Well, I have had to adapt. Most people here drink bottled water and water from these water coolers. Due to the way the water is stored in big drums on the roof or side of the building, it is not the most healthy to drink. If you do drink it, it won't make you sick like in Mexico, it just is recommended not to drink much. We (and everyone else) still shower, cook, and brush our teeth with tap water.

1 comment:

The Cannons said...

Thanks for all of the tours. Scott and I didn't have a dishwasher in Provo and I didn't think it was a big deal either.
Mitzi