| From St. George |
She's so hot, boom!
Okay, okay, I know that I'm actually two days late in bringing this fact to the forefront, but Catherine and I have been too busy spending time together to worry about actually blogging about it, and that's the excuse I'm sticking with!
And besides, Catherine's sister, Barbara, posted an amazing blog tribute to Catherine for her birthday with a billion photos, millions of which I have never seen, so needless to say that was sick tight awesomeness. Not only that, but Barbara even posted a day in advance to account for the fact that we're a day ahead of the rest of you peeps. I was amazed! Check out the post! Did you check it out? Okay, really do it this time.
WAIT! WAIT A SECOND! Yeah, yeah, I know. I already invited you to leave the blog, but just in case your eye caught the yelling CAPS, I've got a couple of things to say.
For the one other man that might see this blog, you'll know what I'm talking about (if you're married, whoever you are). Being married to Catherine has been the highlight of my life. Catherine keeps my life organized, and most importantly, somehow being around her magically makes me resemble a responsible human being. I know this because I've had to live apart from Catherine for several weeks at a time in the past year and I surprise myself with the things I do:
1) I don't use the stove. I regress my dietary habits to Muesli, Arabic Bread, Labeneh (skimmed Yogurt), Water, and multi-vitamins.
2) I stay up late for no particular reason. When Catherine isn't around to tell me it's time to go to bed, I stay up until all hours of the night tinkering with projects, pretending I know something about programming and hackermanship, or watching movies I've already seen a dozen times. No good reason at all. What's that all about?
3) I don't wake up in the morning when I'm supposed to. Everyone knows that the best way to ruin a morning is not to get enough sleep. As the saying goes, you can't soar with the eagles if you party with the bats.
4) I work too much. Once I get to work (late), I will work throughout the entire day. At 5:00, I'll think to myself, "self, why don't you go home and do what responsible humans do" (eat real food, sleep). Then I remind myself that I might as well be alone at work where I can actually get stuff done. And let's face it, when you get home around 9:00 or 10:00, the last thing you want to do is just go to bed. Lame!
It has just come to my attention that I'm getting a little off course, so let's focus here. Catherine, aside from being the most beautiful and talented woman in the world, inspires me to be the best version of myself. She challenges me, she surprises me with her random acts of service, and she shows me she loves me every day.
I'm not sure what particular mischief I was up to on May 19, 1984, but I am grateful every day that she's around to share her inspiration, smiles, talents, and love with little old me.
Love you sweetie-face!
Okay, now go look at some fotitos.
6 comments:
Cuuuute! Catherine...Happy Birthday (late)! Hope you had a good one! :)
Aww, we love our Fafrin.
Happy Birthday Cat, as for you Richard it sounds like it's a good thing you have a wife in your life.
Mitzi
Very nice, richard.
Jarom.
Happy Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Cat. Obviously, Richard needs and loves you very much.
Post a Comment