Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oil Paintings

Poppies - 20x20

I am making an effort to be more prolific (when I say more I mean going from a few completed paintings to a some). I started and finished these oil paintings while visiting in SLC. Both are abstract and created using a palate knife, rather than a brush.


Aspen - 3 canvas triptic, each 16x20


12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these. I am totally enjoying the style, and I think I am going to cry you are so talented! I love that you are doing this, I'm so glad your my fabulous friend. I'm totally buying art from you for the rest of my life.

Steve said...

Very nice. I really like the aspens a lot.

SWILUA said...

those look great! love the poppies.

Barb said...

Wahoo! Looks beautiful!

Melissa said...

You're very talented. Gorgeous!

Mitzi Beal said...

That's awesome. You can totally decorate your whole house. I'm excited to see how you decorate a baby nursery one day.

Preethi said...

LOVE the aspen. So cool. I had no idea you did this kinda thing.

Bethany said...

fabulous! I want one...

lindsey said...

Cat you are an amazing artist! I am stunned by how beautiful your paintings are-what a talent!

Four Winns said...

Very cool. I think I want a giant painting of your signature. Also very cool.

Proudfeet said...

Catherine you are so talented! Fomr one painter to another, wow! So beautiful! I cannot believe those trees!

Chelsea Nelson said...

I want to be you. Simply put.