Here's the skinny. My iPod touch doesn't work and it's breaking my friggin' heart! Here's the letter I sent to Apple's technical support so I'll have documentation when I go back and ask those crooks for a new preciousssss. . . :) Does this issue look familiar to anyone else??? Ohhhh!!!!! The inhumanity!!!!!!
***Update - the Jerks at support.apple forced me to pare down my masterpiece from 1400 characters to 250. What the dilly? Read below the original entry if you want to see the boring rubbish they actually have to read. :)
Hello,
My issue is very strange and I have been unable to find other instances on the internet of the same problem. Simply put, my iPod touch 2nd Gen will only Power on and boot to a functioning touchscreen iPod when plugged in to the wall via an iPod AC Adaptor. The instant that I turn off power to the AC Adaptor or disconnect the cable from the iPod, the iPod powers off instantaneously and is unresponsive to any booting attempts. No teasing Apple display, no cute little battery life indicator, no sign of life. If you restore power to the device through the Adaptor, it requires several minutes to boot up, but actually makes a sound and takes you to the home screen with a full battery charge indicated on the meter. Curiously, the iPod boots to the 1st day of January, 1949 (why doesn't it boot to my birthday?) at 4:00 AM every time I repeat the process. Unfortunately, the iPod is unresponsive when I plug it into my iMac. I will get the teasing Apple display, followed by a visible hiccup, reset, and repeated failure to infinity.
There is no damage to the iPod body or screen. No water damage. It behaves like the same amazing iPod I've come to love and care about when it's plugged in to the wall. Unfortunately, that's where it's functionality (and practicality) ends.
Actions to Solve the Problem:
When functioning through the Adaptor, I am able to switch the iPod on and off. I can also execute a reset. I have also erased all settings. I have attempted in several instances to boot up the iPod through my iMac to wipe it clean and start over, but it is not booted or recognized by OS X or iTunes.
What should I do?!?!?!?
Please let me know as soon as you can. Life just doesn't seem as bright these days. . . :)
Thanks again!
Richard Ethington
rethington@gmail.com
iPod will only boot when powered by Adaptor (AC). When power to AC is cut or cable disconnected, powers off instantly and unresponsive. Power restored with AC boots, leads to home with full battery charge.
Unresponsive when connected to iMac (powered
Switched iPod on/off
Reset * 100
Erased settings
Try to boot through iMac for restore -> not booted or recognized by OS X or iTunes.
7 comments:
Sounds like you need a new battery, which requires sending it in to Apple and it might just be easier to get a new one.
ANNOYING.
terribly disappointing.
Since the whole Ipod extravaganza began, Dan and I have been through 5. Only one of the deaths was due to human corruption. Why do we keep wasting our $, we don't know either. But, I do think it's interesting that Apple sells "refurbished" Ipods. (translated= other Ipods that have died but we have barely gotten them running to sell to the public, again)
Yes, annoying!
Hi, I don't know you but I do know your wife! Ours was being stupid too and my husband just took it into the mac store and they gave him a brand new one. It's worth a try
Hi, I don't know you but I do know your wife! Ours was being stupid too and my husband just took it into the mac store and they gave him a brand new one. It's worth a try
Hi, I don't know you but I do know your wife! Ours was being stupid too and my husband just took it into the mac store and they gave him a brand new one. It's worth a try
Post a Comment