Feeling pretty good about myself after a full week of work, I decided to take some "me" time on Saturday night. The reason this despicable confession didn't make it on Saturday's post will become evident as the blog unfolds. Travis recently acquired the highly coveted "Halo 3" game, and I decided I better have a go (since I do not own a video game console nor do I play computer games).
11:00 P.M. - Just getting warmed up.
12:00 P.M. - I'm doing awesome!
1:00 A.M. - You realize the kids will wake you up at 8:00, right?
2:00 A.M. - That was a great mission; how 'bout one more?
3:00 A.M. - Three already? The Covenant isn't going to get the best of me tonight!
4:00 A.M. - How many more missions could there be? Let's finish this!
5:00 A.M. - Three hours of sleep versus beating the game - that's a no-brainer
6:00 A.M. - The final mission! I'm not stopping now, not after all I've been through!
7:00 A.M. - Victory is nigh
7:15 A.M. - Victory!
7:30 A.M. - ZZZZzzzzzzz
8:30 A.M. - "No! Stop jumping on me! Need sleepy!"
And so it was, after 1 hour and 15 minutes of sleep, it was time to be awesome dad again. Actually, I surprised myself how peppy I was as we had a big breakfast, got everything ready, and headed off to church on time. Still, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I found out that Travis and Ashlee had booked an early flight home and they were getting home a little before midnight that night, so I put the boys and Brianna back to work to get the house ready for them. What an effort! Luckily, the reward for all of our hard work was Sunday dinner with my mom. Hurray! The Cook's never had it so good - Pork Ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, and chocolate cream drops for dessert. Salvation!!!
And so, dear friends, thus ended the nine-day adventure of a lifetime. So many first time experiences, so much time and sacrifice. So much fun. There is a fine line between heaven and hell. This week I have erased this line. :) Thanks for reading!
Here are photos from last Sunday's 16 degree snow adventure and this week's dinner at the Ethington's home. Enjoy!


5 comments:
We have LOVED reading your "Mr. Mom" posts! You are so hilarious!!! I hope I can be half the mom you are!
It's good to hear that you are not above enjoying video games. I too avoided the new game consoles during my college days for the same reason you describe in your post. But then there's the PC game problem, and seeing as you can't get along without a computer nowadays, they're harder to avoid. On the other hand, I haven't pulled a video game all nighter since high school and Zelda for the N64. Good times baby.
Scott
I saw your blog on my friends and decided to check it out and it's the funniest I've seen for a while! Thanks for the good laugh!
So Richard when are you going to come take care of our kids? Are you free in April? Actually it sounds like you had a great week.
I will never understand men and their video games. I just don't get it.
Mitzi
p.s. I HATE all nighters, get me to my bed
Post a Comment