Brianna and I got into our first fight today. I didn't even see it coming! Like any awesome Dad, I decided to make Brianna a little fruit shake for a morning snack. De-licious! I've gotta tell ya, it was a good one. I handed her a cup of the good stuff, feeling pretty darn good about myself and the whole situation. It's crazy how fast things unwind. . .
Brianna said, "I want a sippy cup!" To which I replied, "I know babe, but the shake is too thick and you won't be able to get any out." Tenacious as she is, Brianna went right for the knife drawer and tried to cut a bigger hole in the sippy lid. I stopped her before she could perform the operation, but the intervention did not go over well. It was already too late. The damage was done. "Your mom would be so upset and I don't want you to cut yourself or get in trouble," I explained, but she wasn't going for it. She folded her arms together super tight, turned around, and silently walked to her room and locked herself in. Whatever. I jumped on the chance to get some much needed work done.
After a little while, I decided to approach her door to empathize with her and offer a peace offering (the delicious shake, of course). That and a promise to paint with her and play Disney Princess Memory. Brianna wins again. :) Hot dangit!
Brianna didn't make it to preschool today because the carpool fell through and I had no idea where the school was. No problem, I can handle nine straight hours of Wonder Pets, Disney computer games, dolls, painting, and memory any day of the week (it's just when Dora starts yelling that I almost lose it).
I think kids are the best at being brutally honest because they have absolutely no idea what social grace is. Exhibit A for Wednesday: I was playing on the floor with Brianna and she started examining my head. After several moments of silent contemplation, she questioned, "why don't you put your hair back on?" Well, that's simple Brianna. It's too long, thick, and shiny and I didn't want to make you jealous. I had a good laugh (on the outside anyway - I was devastated. . .). Which leads me to the question, does Brianna just think that's the way hair works, or does Travis wear a Toupee? Maybe I'll dig a little deeper and search the dressers for evidence. :)
P.S. I don't know how I spaced it, but I forgot to take Brianna to a primary practice for their ward's primary program and rumor has it she will not be able to perform. The consequence? Execution. In my own defense, the preschool cancellation threw me off my groove and I got lost in the Disney time space continuum. I have no idea how I'm going to explain my way out of this one, but it's not going to be pretty. Blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment