Thursday, June 3, 2010

Al Ain Branch Baby Shower


Richard and I were honored with a party thrown by our Relief Society last week. I can not believe the time and effort that went into it. These sweet women prepared for weeks - handmade favors, cakes and fresh watermelon juice, and games... we played lots of games. And they were hilarious.

We were given gifts, too many wonderful gifts, both items for our baby and gifts of love and I am awed by their generosity. These women make almost no money, scraping to send what little they do earn to provide for their families back in the Philippines. They teach me humility and I dearly love them.

Look at this amazing cross-stitch work on linen. Exquisite!











Gemma, Rhonda, Mirasol, Lucille, Beverly, Catherine, Cheyenne, Josie, Josephine, Rayda, Wendy, Sally

5 comments:

LAINA said...

That cross stitch is amazing. It is always amazing to me how generous people are.

Barb said...

I have tears in my eyes thinking of these sweet, generous, loving ladies and how well they took care of my sister. Love you and love them!

Jarom and Melissa said...

What thoughtful gifts and people. I love the bib with your last name. What a great ward and great friends you have to do all of that. Great pictures too. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. We're thinking of you and Richard.

Chelli said...

Wow!! Looks like it was awesome. Hope you're doing great!

Julie Ethington said...

I'm floored by these gifts and the sweet party they threw you! Wow! How humbling and amazing to see the love they have for you! I love that Richard wanted to be "TWINNERS" at the party! :) You look amazing! I can't wait for this little girlie to come! YAY!!! We love you.