Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Um, Caterine, how do you spell..."


I hear this roll off the tongue of Anna and Luis about 50 times three days a week. To me, it's sweet to hear their thick Portuguese accents lace each question. It's also ironic that I, the below average speller, am their guide. But hey, I'm pretty sure I won't lead then too far astray in the second grade. I also help them with writing, math, and reading.

I make the drive through the heavy traffic and the 110 degree heat to enjoy feeling useful and productive. Some golden days, like today, I'm reminded for just a moment of how sweet and lovely a child can be. Honesty and joy in a simple giggle or phrase.

It makes me remember that Heaven Father loves us.

That, and the fact that I survived the crazy truck driver who almost ended my life... but didn't.

God is with us.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, they are cute. I'm glad to see this picture! My heart just about stopped when you said you were almost in an accident! Barbie no likey.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Adorable kids! What a great experience.