Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fa la la

I had so much fun wrapping presents, any excuse to be creative really, I thrive on it.

I like to use mostly reusable materials like pretty boxes, cloth ribbon, old cards, and recycled brown paper. I also save large pieces of wrapping paper and hold on to them for future use. But, I also splurge on a new roll and little details here and there just to add variety.


We are still getting settled from our recent move to Abu Dhabi, but I really wanted to still do some decorating to have a cozy Christmas. I chose a smaller tree and kept it simple with just white lights. In stead of a stand, I put it in a pot and then on a stool. I like the esthetic but it especially works due to the scale of our room.

Our sweet little nativity, carved from olive wood. Thanks to the Cooks for bringing it back from Isreal for us!



2 comments:

Barb said...

I love seeing how you are getting your home ready to celebrate Christmas. The presents and the tree (and those cute red stars!) look so fabulous! I think it would be kind of fun to have the challenge of decorating and wrapping without many supplies! Love you!

Unknown said...

Argh! You kill me you are so creative. Oh, I love you and miss you. Please come home and wrap my presents!