
The Islamic holy month is in full swing over here.
Ramadan began on August 11th, determined by the sighting of the new moon in is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar.
This is observed by Muslims throughout the world.
Usually the roads are packed with cars in the evening. But not right now. Just before the sun goes down, around 6:45 pm, everyone is rushing to get home to have Iftar, if they're not already there. (More on Iftar later).
I enjoy witnessing this celebration that has such religious significance for the people here. Although my beliefs are different, I can appreciate such devotion. I respect this culture and the people in it for their dedication to self-improvement, to service, to humility, to God.
2 comments:
I love hearing about the culture that surrounds you!
I had a muslim friend and I always respected that about her. It's like it's really weird to everyone else to have a religion that you actually follow, instead of just attending on Easter and Christmas. She respected my religion too. P.S. your baby is lookin' so fine in her swimmy suit!
Post a Comment