Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Smiles

Elizabeth smiled at me today three times in a row! She didn't hold anything back. They were open mouth, nose scrunched, full dimpled smiles.

Oh it was darling!

She was awake, alert, and looking right at me. She knew it was her Mommy. :) Is there anything better than seeing your baby smile at YOU for the first time? I submit there is not.

I wasn't able to grab a picture of it, so this cuteness will have to do for now.

5 comments:

Barb said...

I love this dreamy, half asleep smile. Too cute. I can imagine how floppy and cuddly she was at this moment, too!

Aren't those first smiles the best!?

Me said...

There is nothing better than a deliberate smile. It makes you feel like you are doing something right :) AND YOU ARE, she's so beautiful. I can't imagine a better Mama.

Randi said...

Aw, so cute. I was reading that your sweet little one has colic. Maybe you've heard of the book-The Happiest Baby on the Block. If not, check it out. It's got some good methods :)

Ali said...

that has to be the best feeling once they start smilling. I love it!

Proudfeet said...

Such a beauty!