Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 23, 2010 - Happy 5th Anniversary!

Five years ago I married my best friend, true love, hottie pants Richard. We were so in love. Good news is, we still are, and life just keeps getting better.

We have lived across the country and across the world, earned three degrees of higher ed, traveled state-side and abroad, taken risks, learned a lot, worked hard and saved money, made amazing friendships, and strengthened our testimonies.

We have celebrated well each year. Year one was a weekend in New York City. Year two, Ruth Chris Steak in Philadelphia. Year three was a week in San Diego. Year four we ate gelato and pizza in Italy.

This year was chill, basic. In fact, I didn't even leave the house. Richard made lemon chicken for dinner while I soothed our baby. He spoon fed me off of his plate while I nursed. Then I did the dishes while he soothed her crying. We both stood in the kitchen and ate some chocolate ice cream while she was "asleep." That lasted about 5 minutes before it all started up again.

Although the rest of the night was trying to calm our darling crying daughter, this is just as memorable as any other year, in a good way. Taking care of our baby together has been the truest kind of love I've known.

8 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! You are great together!

Steve said...

Happy anniversary. I wish lots of sleepytime to little Elizabeth!!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Deann just told me that we share the same anniversary. Very cool.....hope you get some sleep soon!

elyse said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats on being able to celebrate it with your cute baby. And even though you were "just at home" at least you were in a very cool location called the UAE! By the way, please tell me you were standing in the kitchen and not the chicken. :) That totally made me laugh!

Catherine said...

Hee hee! Typo! I changed it to kitchen :) Thanks for the happy wishes ya'll!

Preethi said...

I so love this post. :) You guys are the best! Happy anniversary!

wenwin said...

Happiness to you and your darling family!