I want to share some excerpts from an email I just wrote to a friend which explains how things are going -
Nope, I still haven't gained any weight, although my stomach is growing bigger for sure! My appetite and stomach are smaller now, and treats just don't sit well in my stomach. I sincerely hope that treat part changes soon! I have NEVER before felt self conscious about being under weight, but when I walk in the maternity clinic here, I get lots of confused looks from people like what are you doing here. I went to the Dr. yesterday for a check up and Richard was able to come too. We heard the heartbeat again and that's always a joy. The nurses and Dr. were giving me a bit of a hard time because I had lost a kilo since my last visit. They said that I'll probably start gaining weight now, with the nausea subsiding. I think I will too, especially since I have a huge baked potato loaded with butter and cheddar cheese every day for lunch! Yummy. That's just one of the carb and fat filled snacks that I enjoy. I still sleep a ton and now have a new symptom, crazy intense dizziness/vertigo. I am scheduled to have the detailed ultrasound when I am 22 weeks, so the end of February. It's going to be hard to have to wait 6 weeks for that, but they say it's more reliable at 22 weeks, so that's when we're doing it. :)
Being pregnant is such an amazing experience. All of these changes going on physically and emotionally and spiritually, and all with out me really doing anything. I have to eat right when I'm hungry, I yield to crying even more easily, and I have learned a new meaning of fervent prayer. It's just the natural way that God intended and planned out. It's good for me to remember that... that this miracle of life is in the Lord's hands. Richard and I realized last night that we had overlooked something that could affect the health of our baby, and we were very upset and worried about it. For times like this, it is a huge blessing to have a testimony of the power of our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is a comfort to me to know that the power of prayer and fasting is real. It is a comfort to me to know that the Lord has a plan for us and that through Him, all things are possible.
Thank you for your continued prayers for us and our baby.
Love,
Cat
7 comments:
Oh, we are just so excited for you guys!
Did we ever invite you to our blog?? It's now private, but I don't think I had either of your emails. Will you email me one of them? kgallup{at}gmail
You and Richard are incredible parents already and everything will be great!
Holly was very dizzy when she was pregnant with Maddie and she tells me she is dizzy again! You might want to ask her why she would be dizzy again!
So glad you are starting to feel better. I am sending you "energy" vibes as we speak. Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!!! Love it!
Aaw, you are so cute. Hey when you go get your ultrasound make sure you drink a big glass of orange juice and eat a candy bar about an hour before...that way your baby will be all hyper on sugar and he/she will not be sleeping bum out, instead it will be wiggling all over (which is so fun to see) and you'll probably get a good shot of "the goods"! :) Im so excited for you!
I too have loved baked potatoes, it's weird how certain foods sound so good and others do not!
We're so glad that things are going well, and hope that the vertigo goes away quickly. You, Richard, and that baby are in our prayers.
Post a Comment