Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out for a walk

I thought I'd post more about the everyday life, so that you can have a taste and so that I will be able to remember all of the little things some day. While walking the two blocks from my door to the park, I snapped a few shots of Al Ain.


This is one of the land marks used to describe where we live, it's a working clock fountain but known as the clock tower roundabout.


This is the view just to the left of the clock of the intersection. It used to have a roundabout until a few months ago, but now has traffic lights. This is right in center city and developed enough congestion to change over to lights.

Notice the nice flowers?


Here's a close up of similar marigold gardens on the other side of the street. The government employs workers to constantly maintain the gardens all over the city, and they are changed with the seasons. It really is lovely this time of year in the UAE. It's no longer cold at night and the days are always sunny at a comfortable of 29 degree Celsius (84.2 degree Fahrenheit) at the high.

So, throw your swim trunks in a suitcase and come on over for a visit!

3 comments:

LAINA said...

What I wouldn't give for some 80 degree weather right now. Sounds amazing.

In case you have forgotten....the January/February blues set in right about now.

Julie Ethington said...

I love it when you post! Seriously... I just got home from work, made some lunch and got on the computer to relax for a minute and I was happily surprised to see your post! I wish I was there in the UAE... it's cold and snowing today. We miss you both! We want to see some more baby bump pics!!! I can't stop thinking about your little baby!!!

I love you!

kimi + joe said...

That's a great place - it reminds me of Kuwait in its beauty and unexpected charmed. Thanks for sharing.