As many of you know, there are some things in a marriage that you just shouldn't do. Turns out this is one of those things that can get me in a bit of trouble:

Between a little bit of the ol' OCD and serious elevation of commitment (for you psychology dudes), jig-saw puzzles can be a recipe for double trouble.
On Christmas, Cat and I worked on another puzzle and we had a delightful time. Took about 7 hours or so for 1,000 pieces. How could I have known that the friggin' sky alone on this whopper would take longer than that ("but I have to finish it!")???
I can happily declare that amends have been made and blissful happiness has been restored - two minutes after the last piece was carefully placed, the "London Skyline" was demolished into, well, a thousand pieces. I should have captured the grin on Catherine's face. :) And so, after a twenty year break from jig-saw puzzles, perhaps 2030 will bring another opportunity to waste an inordinate amount of time reconstructing the Burj Dubai. . . ahem. . . Burj Khalifa.
Yikes. Amazing. But yikes.
2 comments:
I seriously hate puzzles. A bunch of my siblings and dad love them. I don't get it. I fully support doing puzzles though, I think it would be a great hobby to do while watching tv.
Ya well, I guess I still like you. ;)
Post a Comment