Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Europe in a few

Okay World Travelers, I need your help! We are going to Europe in 2 weeks and I have been working on my homework, the site-seeing itinerary for

Barcelona

and
Paris,

but I need your advise.

If you have been to either city, and especially if you have lived there,
could you please help me out and tell me your
favorites and must-see locations.

Historical structures,
beautiful parks,
yummy food,

or where you bought that great neck tie,
I would love to know about it!

This is Richard and my first time going to Europe and I am a bit stressed that I will cause us to miss something amazing because I didn't know about it.
Do me a solid and share your knowledge!

Shukran! (Thanks)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never been to either place, but I know you need to eat lots of cheese and bread in Paris!!!

Proudfeet said...

You lucky girl! I haven't been to Barcelona, only Madrid, but Paris, oh the most amazing place! Of course you will go to all of the big museums...but right on the Champs-Elysées, maybe a mile or two past the Arc de Triomphe, there is a perfumerie called Fragonarde that makes custom perfume right in the store. It is a huge place, they claim the largest in Europe. Anyway, they can make a custom scent for you, but it is pretty cool just seeing it made and all of the fragrances they have to mix. Right across the street, like all over, is a charming little cafe that has the most delicious panini I had found Paris. (Can't remeber the name, but it is right across the street) It is also right by a hat shop which is so fun! I fell in love with a beehive looking hat, so fun to look and try them on! These places are surrounded by little book shops, new and used, perfect to a find a copy of Le Petit Prince! Have a blast! Can't wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If you are going to be in France anytime between July 4th and July 26th, you absolutely MUST go see a stage of Le Tour de France! It's an absolute must and was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. You don't even have to be a cyclist to LOVE and appreciate this, the biggest sporting even in the entire world. They are going to be in the bottom of France near Spain at the beginning of the tour so it would be SUPER easy for you to catch! In fact, on the 7th there is a Team Time Trial in Montpellier which would be killer awesome to see. Each day of the tour consists of a parade along the race route (lots of free stuff) a little carnival at the start and finish lines and killer picnics of bread and local cheeses! On the 10th they're actually going to be in Barcelona ("Barcelone"). You MUST MUST MUST do this!!!
http://gofrance.about.com/od/tourdefrance/ss/tour-france-map_2.htm

Or if you're boring you'll just go to the Rodin museum, which was my favorite in Paris.

Super romantic dinner? Eat at 1728. See www.restaurant-1728.com.

Deb said...

I went to Paris last summer and had a blast! I wrote about it on my blog if you want to check it out: http://designerdeb.blogspot.com/2008/09/paris.html. It talks about my favorite, and least favorite parts. Hope you have fun!!

Four Winns said...

Cat, I'm another "I've only been to Paris friend." My advice is just to get yourself a metro map. You will find all the places you want to see on there. If you don't see them there then you will for sure see them by just taking a look around. The Musee D'Orsay was my fav. There was a giant ferris wheel there when I went (the ferris of Paris, I called it). I never got to ride it but it looked like fun. Have a great time!

Jeff and Rach said...

I haven't been to Bartheolna, it is on my list of top 5 places to visit though. I have been to Paris twice. I have only spent a total of 4 days in Paris, so I didn't really get into seeing it all. Here are some really fun places for first-timers. Eiffel Tower (at night it sparkles), The Louvre, Sacre Coer, Notre Dame (careful, there are more than one!), and the Arc De Triomphe. That is what I saw anyway. BTW, don't play frogger to get to the Arc. There are tunnels to get you safely there! I can't remember anywhere to eat, but I think you will be fine eating wherever. The food is fab all over the place. Check out my blog, I went there last August.

Have fun!

Barb said...

Wow- I am jealous of you all and your incredible experiences!!

Unknown said...

I almost forgot! You absolutely must go to the Catacombs of Pairs. We had a blast there. There are bones from over six million people buried there. Sounds disgusting, but very entertaining.

Nanette said...

The Musee D'Orsay was one of my favorite things in Paris. It is the coolest museum in an old railway station. I really loved all of their impressionistic art.

Steve said...

It may be too late, and I may be wrong about which church, but I have a great memory of a little, old church next to a little park with a single tree, near the Seine. I think this church, Church of Saint Julien le Pauvre, http://www.paris-walking-tours.com/church-of-saint-julien-le-pauvre.html. If that one's not as cool as I remember, or the wrong one, this comment post NEVER HAPPENED.