Monday, January 3, 2011

Beauty in Life


 
 
My dad, I still think, had the most beautiful, simple checklist for what you should do in life: Do something you really love that you would do it anyway. Do it in the most adventurous place you can do it. And make sure that it helps other people. And if you feel there’s a genuine need for it, and that through that need you can help other people, you’re home.” — Diane Sawyer
 

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I love this. This puts into words what I strive for in most everything I do. Ill keep striving cause I know what that "home" has felt like a time or two, and it was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Are you joking me? Look at that beautiful girl! Her skin, her lashes- I'm dying! I'm now a huge Diane Sawyer super fan after watching her on TV a little bit. (BTW, Johnny said he's available tonight or tomorrow to help you with the internet project).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie M. said...

Hi Catherine! Hi Richard! Hi cute Elizabeth! Just catching up on your blog and a few thoughts:

1) baby girl is a beauty- love her smile
2)your snowflakes down below are better than anything i've seen pop into a Martha Stewart magazine. Not kidding- i implore you for a tutorial!:)
3) I LOVED your last post on resolutions and having enough- that was so insightful and I wish the entire world could just slowly, and in unison whisper, "it's enough". thank you for the lesson tonight- I needed it!

Have a spectacular New Year!

Katie Miller