Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rested



Oh, today is bliss.

No matter what else happens I will honor this day with the label of good.

Why you ask?


It all started two nights ago. Screaming, crying, blah blah blah, you've heard it before.


Although I was able to snag an afternoon nap (thanks Richard), we couldn't face the previous nightmare becoming the norm. So, we decided to re-commit to a more structured schedule for Elizabeth to see if it helped. Nurse, wake time, nap, about every 2.5 hours.

Elizabeth slept from about midnight to 7:15, which means that so did I!

Success! Elation! Joy! Bliss!

It could be a fluke, or it could be the start of something very beautiful.

I'll let you know. :)

7 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so glad that today was a better day! I love that cuddly picture of you two!

Deb said...

Good luck! It's sooo hard at first, but it's over quickly and then she'll be all grown up before you know it. Even June didn't sleep through the night till she was a year and that already seems like a life time ago. Hope her colic gets better soon!

Kim and Steve said...

I was going to say exactly what Deb said. Hang in there because she will be sleeping wonderfully before you know it. Don't try to rush anything it will happen when she is ready!! She is so beautiful!!!

Ashley said...

Someone asked me today if Gabe was starting to sleep through the night.

It reminded me that this point in their lives reminds me that there is a God and He loves me and the evidence for that lies in six hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I bet you ran into her room to check to make sure she was still breathing when you woke up. I know I did!!

Congratulations!

The Cannons said...

Oh hooray. Babywise is my best friend. I recommend sticking to it, I think a scheduled baby is a happy baby. Plus it really does seem to lead to night time sleep.

Kid's Kitchen said...

Oh that sounds like heaven! I hope that I will have a night like that in the next 5 months or so! I am so happy for you and Elizabeth is adorable!!!

Jarom and Melissa said...

When Bryson slept for the first time like that (about 4 months old, if I recall) Melissa and I woke up about 7am in near-panic to see what was "wrong."

Bryson had colic till about 7 or 8 months, I think. Unlike other friend's babies (Scott and Mitzi, you are on my hit list) Bryson still only sleeps through the night about half of the time.

Hang in there. It will eventually get better, and you won't be tired ALL the time, just MOST of the time.

Jarom