Two hours into show I started to become distracted.
Me: "I wonder how Elizabeth is doing?"
Richard: "Doing great."
Me: "Really though, do you think she's okay?"
Richard: "I'm sure she's fine."
2 minutes later...
Me: "Will you check your phone to see if you missed any calls/texts?"
Richard held my hand while we walked out to the car and we talked about how the movie was excellent. We shared our favorite parts and discussed how it made us think about the relationship between this life on earth and the eternity of time that follows in the next life. Very cool to think about.
By the time we started driving, I felt like I had a gaping hole in my chest. Now all I could talk about was Elizabeth and if she was crying the entire time or if she was alright being away from us for so long. She was fine, it was mostly if I was alright. I was so anxious to see my little girl. I missed her. It had been 3 hours and I missed my baby so much! A physical reaction to being apart from something I have being used to protecting, feeding, and taking care of 24/7.
Now I'm having a good laugh at myself as I remember thinking my sister was crazy when she came home early from a concert she paid good money to see, because she missed her baby.
Now I understand.
I'm a new member of the parents club. Just another sucker who is in love with their baby.
But who wouldn't do anything for this face?

Richard held my hand while we walked out to the car and we talked about how the movie was excellent. We shared our favorite parts and discussed how it made us think about the relationship between this life on earth and the eternity of time that follows in the next life. Very cool to think about.
By the time we started driving, I felt like I had a gaping hole in my chest. Now all I could talk about was Elizabeth and if she was crying the entire time or if she was alright being away from us for so long. She was fine, it was mostly if I was alright. I was so anxious to see my little girl. I missed her. It had been 3 hours and I missed my baby so much! A physical reaction to being apart from something I have being used to protecting, feeding, and taking care of 24/7.
Now I'm having a good laugh at myself as I remember thinking my sister was crazy when she came home early from a concert she paid good money to see, because she missed her baby.
Now I understand.
I'm a new member of the parents club. Just another sucker who is in love with their baby.
But who wouldn't do anything for this face?
7 comments:
Such a cute picture. We just went to that movie on Saturday too. That is the first time we have left Gabby with a babysitter. It just worries me to leave a babysitter with Corbin and Gabby. It was fine but ya I'm still not very comfortable with it.
It's such a powerful feeling, isn't it? I love her little scrunched up face. It's good you got to go out and have the chance to miss her- it's so much better than the alternative. Love you guys.
She's a cutie. I love her facial expressions. It is hard to leave your little ones, that's for sure. But it does get easier as they grow older (and you're not on a two or three hour nursing schedule). She's adorable.
I know this feeling all to well! She's adorable.
It's so hard to leave babies with a babysitter. I hate leaving Hannah, Logan on the other hand... :) It does get easier!
You'll always be worried about your little Elizabeth - even when she's married and living on the other side of the world...
LOVE the blog! LOVE the photos! Your little girl is absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment