Sunday, October 21, 2007

Comma Development Has a Website!!!

Does anyone else think it ironic that I run a development and design firm and we haven't had a functioning website until now? If you do. . . leave me alone!!! I've been busy, alright?

I don't only post this as a shameless plug for you guys to check it out, but I really want your input on this one. Here's the link:

http://www.commadev.com


So here's the deal. Most companies find the most asinine of ways to tell people about their company. I don't do stodgy, I don't do uptight. I want our clients to know that we're professional and we'll do a better job at a better price any day of the week, but I also want to be light-hearted, personable, approachable, and hopefully memorable.

So tell me, if you were looking for a development and design firm, would you trust the dry and serious tone or the more personable tone more??? Please tell me before I run this company into the ground!!!

7 comments:

Lost said...

The links don't work.
I found your site because you mentioned the LiveStrong Challenge.

Julie Ethington said...

Rich...

I LOVED the website. I think that your verbage was perfect... it speaks right to the client and pulls people in. I want to get a website designed just from reading it... seriously! I'm excited about your company and the direction that you guys are headed. You're awesome!

Love,
Jewels

Lance said...

rich,
the site looks good man! i'm glad things are going well for you with the new job. i think you have a good approach to this market. your right about people not knowing much about the web and they need "normal" straight shooters that they can trust. i think one of the best areas for you to focus on is service in this type of industry. that is what separates my company from all of our competitors and people will pay for service at a premium!
keep me posted on how things are going.

Lance

Catherine said...

The poll on the right side of the page is closed? Man, I want a chance and that vote, which may have an impact on future vacations.

Love you!

ike and em said...

Hey Cath and Rich! Long time no see. I sure miss you guys. Luckily I came across your blog and can see what you're up to. That design firm is awesome Cath. I knew you would do something great with that creative mind of yours. It isn't clear to me--are you guys back from Phili? Living in SLC? I hope things are going well--looks like they are.

Julie Ethington said...

Richard...

I'm VERY mad! (You know the tone!) It has almost been a month since you last posted anything! I know that you have had plenty of great stories to write about in the past month... Scout adventures, family adventures, hiking in solitude (and let's not forget the "before" pictures!) I understand that it's tough to find the time, but I love your posts and I'm sure there are others who agree with me... We miss your humor and adventures! Please post... Please!

Sincerely, Julie

Anu said...

Excellent content - as you always provide and inspires me to come again and again.