Sunday, October 21, 2007

St. George Rundown

Let me ask you something. If you went on a four day trip and spent the majority of your time rollerblading, biking, hiking, rock climbing, and spelunking, would you call it a success??? Throw on swimming, tennis tournaments, and rollerball (basketball on rollerblades), and you'd know what our family trip to St. George was like. I must say, the late nights playing "Ticket to Ride" and the Triple Play at Chili's were also a highlight, but surely pale in comparison to our outdoor adventures.

I had the chance to be with Catherine for her first visit to Zion National Park. What an incredible experience it is to be there!!! It is a family tradition to bike up the canyon all the way to the Virgin Narrows trail. With my two little nieces Allison and Makayla in tow, the trip up the canyon was as much a workout as it was a pleasure. Because of crowd control, only Zion tour buses can access the road, leaving bikers a truly amazing ride up the most beautiful canyon in the world. Simply incredible!!! We climbed Angel's landing in the afternoon - just in time for sunset. It's not a very difficult climb, but the reward when you get to the top will take your breath away.

We had a wonderful time with our family. We missed Scott and Kim and their family, but Scott was busy racing in the Livestrong Challenge in Texas. Way to go, Scott!!! So tell me this, everyone - are you the type that loves to "go, go, go" on vacation, or would you rather just relax and take it easy? If I can figure out how to do it, I'll throw a poll on the right side of the blog and we can find out the common opinion. Anyone who knows me could predict what I'd say 'bout that - but what do you think???

Check out the slide show for some of my favorite photos of family, Zion, Angel's Landing, etc. For the record, the trip was absolutely MARVELOUS!

4 comments:

Barb said...

GORGEOUS PHOTOS! Looks like a blast!! You have been on vacay with me before, so you probably already know this, but I like downtime. I like a busy day/chill day schedule, or activities half the day, then relaxing the rest of the day.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the pictures! In retrospect think a plane ticket would have been worth the trip. On vacation I am the type of person who is afraid I am going to miss something so I don’t mind the crazy busy schedule. It looks this was a vacation where we missed it all.

2002 MONTERO LIMITED said...

Nice photos cuz! Man it's good to run into your blog and Mikes too. Were workin on one for our family. Send me your contact info and I'll let you know when I get my site up and workin. cethington@gmail.com
Say hi to your family, you guys all look great.-Charlie

The Cannons said...

You guys and your vacations. I'm not going to get a vacation for the next...well I don't know how long. But on the plus side, I only have to work four days a week. And I get to shoot guns. And I get to drive fast with flashing lights and sirens. Sweet. By the way, how did you do that sweet slideshow. Picasa, I presume, but I need details. I was dissatisfied with the slideshow program I used for my Sawtooth Mtns. slideshow. Help me brother!

Scott