Hey All,
A Rendezvous to Remember - that's what we should call it. Catherine and I had the chance to spend time with great friends in the warmth, humidity, and rain of Florida's finest attractions. I thought I better fill you in on the adventure before I get behind - so many adventures in Queue!
I'll let Catherine tell you about the flight. She's warming up to this whole blog posting thing, but she'll get there. I think she has the best flight story. Anyway, much to my chagrine, I tried to volunteer to get bumped from each of our FIVE flights (total - not each way), but no dice. Hot dangit!
Does anyone else fantasize about six days of Disney indoctrination??? From the moment we stepped onto Mickey's Magical Express at the airport through to checking out and taking the Magical Express back to the airport, every possible sensory stimulation was Disney. We stayed at the luxurious estates of Mickey's All-Star Movies hotel, the Herbie building to be exact. We attended Disney attractions, ate plenty of Disney food, and paid highly inflated Disney prices.
Day 1 - SLC -> MSP (I looked for Senator Craig but he didn't show) -> DTW -> MCO
Day 2 - EPCOT center - Stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow and was a pretty awesome place. You know you've grown up a little too much when you appreciate the world culture theme more than fantasyland. Am I pathetic or what? But seriously folks, couple the world cultures with "Soarin' Over California" and a little Nemo action and I'm a happy man. Catherine and I decided this park was our favorite, despite the constant rain and chispiando the entire day. Oh yeah, and Mission: Space was an absolute riot.
Day 3 - MGM Studios - I can't say enough about the Tower of Terror and Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster - two big winners of the day. In terms of absolute thrill, they pale in comparison to Six Flags, but you've got to hand it to Disney for creative presentation. We loved the detail on these rides. Also, I could've spent the entire day at the "lights, motors, action" show, which featured a fine array of car stunts, gun shots, and plenty of explosions - my kind of show! Check it out.
Day 4 - Conference Sunday - It was a lazy Sunday as we chose to take it easy, watch some conference, and hang out at the resort. Wasn't Elder Oak's talk incredible??? Speaking of "Lazy Sunday," I thought this video was pretty funny. . .
"Lazy Sunday" SNL Digital Short
Day 5 - Magical Kingdom - Is anyone else aware that the Magical Kingdom is almost an exact replica of Disneyland??? I couldn't believe my eyes when I studied the map, finding not only an almost-exact pattern of Adventure Land, Frontier Land, Fantasy Land, and Tomorrow Land, but all of the rides [including the Tiki Room] were the same!?!? What the??? With our ingenious use of the fast passes to access all of the coolest rides alone, we made it through the entire park by about 4:00. The highlight of the day, at least in Catherine's eyes, was Catherine getting her picture taken with John Stamos's (Uncle Jesse from Full House) arm around her. He sure made my heart go pitty-pat, I can tell you that much right now.
Day 6 - Chillin' by the pool, reading a book, bottomless chips from Chili's and coming home.
There it is. I hope at least someone made it through the entire blog. Special thanks to our awesome friends for hangin' out!!! Here's a couple of shots for all y'all.
3 comments:
Where is the picture with John Stamos?
I can't believe you didn't go to Animal Kingdom. That is one of the coolest parks ever. It may have been worth skipping the Magic Kingdom for Animal Kingdom, because as you so wisely pointed out, the Magic Kingdom is very similar to Disneyland.
We were talking the other day about taking our kids to DisneyWorld/DisneyLand. (Sometime in the far distant future) It is good to know that it is the same and no matter what we choose we will not depriving them either way. The Magic Kingdom is all they are interested in at this point anyway.
Wow! I didn't think there was anyone else who loved Disneyland as much as we do. Glad to know there are more people out there who love the "magic"!
Post a Comment