Friday, April 1, 2011

Nice to meet you too


Last week while at the mall, I sat down on a bench next to a nice lady and her baby. She looked at me and went back to what she was doing. But I smiled at her and struck up conversation, asking her about her baby and mentioning how darling he is. She warmed up to me and although she barely spoke any English, we were able to engage each other and get our babies to mingle too. Her little cutie is Rahi and he's 9 months old, just like Elizabeth.

Next thing I know I meet her sister, and Auntie, and Mother. Soon their is a crowd all around us, and it consists of her entire extended family, visiting from Iran. They were all so excited to see Elizabeth, I think it was the novelty of her fair skin. I felt the pressure to get Elizabeth to smile at them, luckily she was as charming as ever. :)

They were so sweet and this became one of those moments that makes me love living here, being around people from such different places. 


1 comment:

Barb said...

I LOVE this story! What a great picture into your life there. Of course, Elizabeth charmed them all, as did her mother!!