Monday, February 8, 2010

I am...


sitting down to a huge plate of green beans sauteed in soy sauce while I wait for my baked potato to cook, yum. I'm happy to be eating a big helping of healthy veggies right now and grateful that they taste so good to me. Really, I'm just happy today.

I woke up to birds tweeting out side my window. I cleaned the house with a smile. (It's been a while since I did that) I am cooking and baking banana bread today. Again, happy.

I am thinking about my pregnant belly, our growing baby. I had the most tender experience the night before last, just thinking about it makes me smile.

My other half/lover boy is across the world right now. His sweet Grandma, that we all love so much, passed away and he went to Utah to be with his family. I was missing him and the loneliness was making me very depressed. With my mind and emotions racing, I was having a difficult time falling asleep. I said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to bless me with peace and the feeling of love to comfort me.

I was laying on my back in bed when a faint sensation interrupted my train of thought. A small movement, just inside my belly, the tiniest whoosh feeling. I couldn't quite believe it. (People have started asking if I have felt the baby move yet, me always answering no with a little tinge of worry and longing attached.) So this is what they're talking about when they try to describe what it feels like!

Overjoyed, I just laughed out loud and smiled, and laughed again. I just laid their still, and said aloud, "I love you too baby," as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Cheesy but oh so wonderful. What a change in my attitude from just a moment before. I am so grateful to God. What a tender mercy to feel the baby move for the first time, especially when I was feeling so alone. A blessing.

- happy -

12 comments:

Ashley said...

love it love it love it!!

it's so funny because it feels so different for everyone. gabe tickled but now i sit up and go 'woah!'

congratulations on feeling him/her move!!!

LAINA said...

How wonderful.

This is the best part of being pregnant. It creates such an instant attachment to feel your baby moving inside of you.

Unknown said...

How sweet Cat! It's so fun to always have a little friend there with you. Soon you'll start discovering little ethington's fetus personality! So exciting.

Barb said...

I know that Heavenly Father knew you needed to feel that baby move right at that moment. And your baby did, too. :) I'm so happy that you're happy! (PS- Come make me dinner, that sounds yummy).

Mitzi Beal said...

That was a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Avree said...

Oh how sweet! Feeling the baby move is one of the ONLY things I miss about being pregnant! I remember after I had Spencer they took him to bathe him and I was alone in my hospital room and it felt so weird to actually be alone. We were sorry to hear about Richard's grandma, she was such a sweet lady, we'll miss her cute little smile at family get togethers!

The Calder's said...

That is the best!! I don't know why people ask you...I was so worried too! It is incredible. Something that only you as a mom will ever understand. You just LOVE this little one. It's incredible.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing. Glad things are going well. Sorry to hear about Richard's loss. So fun that you can feel movement now. We're praying for you guys and are so excited for you and this baby.

Julie Ethington said...

Thank you for this post... it was inspiring. I loved how grateful you are for the small things in life, which is exactly what I need to do right now facing what we're facing. Thank you for being an inspiration. We love you guys and we're sad to see Rich go home, but it was so fun to be with him! Thanks again for sharing him.

wenwin said...

reading your sweet experience made me cry - happy tears. thank you.
be safe, and happy!

Ali said...

It took me awhile to feel the baby move, but it is neat once you do. Let us know when you guys are going to be in San Francisco. We are in Sacramento, so a couple of hours away, but we would love to meet up with you if we can.

Amanda Waite said...

Cat, that is so tender! I love it. It gave me chills when I read it! Congrats! :)