
We had a lovely Christmas this year, it was quiet, we soaked in the true meaning of the holiday, the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. The Festivities began with the Branch Christmas party where we enjoyed mountains of food and desserts and participated in the Variety Show, all organized by Richard. Richard and I made Ethington sugar cookies to bring to the party and it was fun to do that tradition together. Most of the members participated and we enjoyed funny carols in Tagalog by the Filipino's, readings of various Christmas stories, musical solo's, and the reenactment of the Nativity by the youth and children. Richard, Dad and I sang the First Noel, a favorite.
Christmas Eve we went out for a buffet dinner and a movie with Dad and Brandon and Katie Moore. (My Mom is still visiting in the States, miss you Mom!) I ate salad, potato wedges, and ice cream while Richard sampled every curry dish. Not a traditional Christmas meal but we liked it. :) Then we saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie - great flick, but a little dark. Afterwords, Richard and I hung out with Dad and entertained ourselves by starting a 1,000 piece puzzle, opening one present, and snacking on chocolate.
The next morning we had breakfast with Dad and headed off to Church since Friday is the Sabbath over here. I had the opportunity to give a talk on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. This was especially poignant to me since I am pregnant with our first child. My Dad gave a talk on the Wise Men; it was a very nice meeting. After the meeting we enjoyed a pot-luck with the Branch members and also shared the news with everyone that we are expecting! It was really fun to get everyone's reaction after the announcement. Then we headed over to Dad's house again and worked on the puzzle - Richard was determined to finish by the end of the day. We enjoyed treats and relaxed while listening to Christmas music. It was cozy and wonderful.
Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
It sounds like a perfect Christmas! Really! I love the quietness and simplicity of it.
I still am really excited for you guys and glad that you had such a peaceful Christmas!
Glad you had a good one.
Post a Comment