Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Been a While

So dudes,

Life is good, alright? Geez, can't you just be happy for me. . . for once? For some reason, larger life changes always seem to distract me from keeping up on the blog, but I've redoubled my conviction to write some entertaining/informative/thoughtful/awesome entries more often.

Here's a quick recap on a few things that have been going on in our family lately. . .

  • My business partner and I made the decision to move Comma Development to the back-burner. We were able to create some pretty awesome products and we learned a heckuvalot along the way, but it didn't work out, you know? My consolation is that every entrepreneur I know and respect has experienced 10 failures for every 1 success, and the likelihood of an outrageously successful venture the first time around isn't as high as I would have hoped. . . . :)
  • That being said, I regret to inform you that my repeated petitions to Catherine to just sit around and watch reruns of Gossip Girl didn't work. Blair gets obnoxious after a while anyway, I suppose. . .
  • Okay, I guess that last bit didn't merit its own bullet point, but what's done is done, you know?
  • I have started a new job that I absolutely love. I am a health care consultant with Equation Consulting, which in short means I have the challenge and opportunity of consulting one on one with CEO's, CFO's, and Department Chiefs of major hospital systems across the United States. We have clients all over the country, but I have specifically worked with major health systems in Philadelphia (yay hurray!!!), New Jersey, Ohio, and our very own Park City. The job is challenging, intimidating, and incredibly exciting!
  • I was recently called officially as the youngest Scoutmaster in Monument Park 13th Ward history! I'll tell ya, being a Scoutmaster is a whole new ball of wax compared to Assistant Scoutmaster, but I've taken the opportunity to go above and beyond and make this the best hot dang Troop in the World, sucka! I'm taking a Web 2.0 approach to the Scoutmaster gig, texting the Scouts for activities, e-mailing camping plans to parents, posting an online merit badge and progress database enabling parents and scouts to take a little more control, etc. I've got big plans for our 100 mile backpacking adventure in the Sawtooth Mountains this summer! It's gonna be sick tight!
Alright, I guess that's plenty of information about me, but that makes sense because I'm selfish, selfish, selfish (according to my sister). I find that my schedule as of late revolves almost completely around my consulting job and scouts, much to Catherine's chagrin, I'm sure. However, I'm getting to a point in these life changes where I can balance my life out yet again. I figure I should probably start eating and exercising again, and I need to remember to pay way more attention to my beautiful and sweet wife.

Check back soon as I've many more a story to tell. Peace!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations on the new job! That is really cool that you have found something that you really like.

Tyler and Emily said...

Catherine! I love your blog! It's so nice to see what you guys are up too. Congrats on your hubby's new job.