You know, sometimes you just take a look back at another month passed and think. . . "wow, I'm sure grateful for that store!" For the month of March, I would like to nominate. . . drum roll please. . . Deseret Industries (also affectionately known as the DI)!!!
The DI was good to us in March. We found our family in need of a variety of different gear, and once again the DI did not dissappoint. First things first - Rollerblades for Catherine. We had high expectations for the newest addition to the family:
>= ABEC 5 bearings
>= 78mm wheels
Perfect Size
My heart sank as we walked along the sporting goods isle - pair after pair of crappy strate skates and porqueria. And then, all of a sudden, there they were - like a shining beacon in the midst of sadness and gloom, we found the single pair that fit all of our criteria. Not only that, but Catherine also found a sweet helmet for this year's dangerous adventures. The total bill for our new toys was $8.00. Success!!!
We've had several adventures all over Utah since the acquisition and we've had a blast! Is anyone else familiar with the Jordan River Parkway??? If you don't mind the dead bodies floating by, this path is the bizzy dot cizzy. Not only that, but now they're referring to it as the Jordan River / Provo Parkway, which means that in the next couple of years we should be able to run / blade / longboard / bike from Salt Lake to Provo and up Provo Canyon on a privately paved passage of peril. Does life get any better than that? I submit that it does not!
If anyone else is down for some blading, let us know. Statistically, a group of three or more bladers is 73.19% less likely to be mocked or persecuted by passersby and elementary children.
BTW - the answer to the subject line (go ahead and read it again if you need to):
Having to tell your parents you're gay (one of my favorite jokes - this is not an announcement)
6 comments:
I would just like to apologize on behalf of my husband if anyone was offended by the gay comment. Richard never means any harm, but being a bit sensitive myself, I just thought I would put that out there. :)
"Privately paved passage of peril," and "I submit that it does not!" Wow. Another reason to love you guys - you're hilarious writers! Hoorah for wit, particularly paired with alliteration.
And, YOU HAVE A BLOG! :)
I love getting a good deal. Well done. I do not enjoy roller blading myself but good for you guys. Good exercise and fun it you are into that stuff.
Mitzi
My mom saw you rollerblading the other day! She immediately called me. Way to go! I have not strapped on those "death wheels" since my injury in the 5th grade. I still have the nasty scar on my left shin. A brief recap: Rachel unable to stop on rollerblades vs brick wall. The wall won.
Richard, you crack us up. Glad to hear you still roller blade after 1993.
-- Melissa
Hahah- I'm laughing at the post and my wife's comment. Sometimes she really cracks me up.
Jarom
PS - We should get together to hang out.
Post a Comment