Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What's better than a party for four year olds?

Once again, Catherine's brother and his wife have thrown a rockin' awesome party. Our little nephew just turned four and we had to make sure he understood the magnitude of such an event. You'll see from the amazing slide show that we took on quite a project to be ready for the event - we assembled a 26 foot Club house, complete with a sand box, bench, slide, tunnel, rock-climbing wall, and swings. It took one daddy, two grandpas, and myself two days to complete the 111 step assembly process, but I'd say we did a pretty good job. Heck, we even used up all of the wooden pieces (how often does that happen, anyway?)

I wanted to rig the house up above with full electrical wiring, a plasma TV, and an Xbox 360, but I think that's what we'll do next year for the little squirt. Of course, we'll tell him to get a job when he turns six so it all evens out in the end.

A side note on the party - Emma Wright and the gang decided it would be funny to steal my sock as I was escaping from Spiderman's jumping lair, but who got the last laugh??? Tee hee!

3 comments:

Four Winns said...

Hey, we saw that playhouse at Sam's Club the other day and Adri LOVED it! That's a wicked awesome birthday present, I'd say.

Danielle said...

hi cat! can you send me your mailing address please? you can email me at daniellemmorgan@gmail.com thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Richard! I stumbled onto Mikes blog tonight and then of course on to yours. Remember us (Brian and Korinne Cowley) from the great ray quinney and nebeker days? Glad to see you still wear the awesome hat from way back then! Keep in touch! Our blog is http://cowfamily.wordpress.com