Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Think I'm Pregnant

STOP!!! Before you get any wrong ideas about our family, I have to confess that this is Richard speaking. But it's possible, right? If Arnold Schwarzenegger did it, nobody is exempt. And what about that dude on Oprah???

I have been told by several pregnant friends that they find themselves uncharacteristically forgetful - those times when you think to yourself, "I know I forget things now and again but. . . what's the deal?" I recently committed one of the most idiotic blunders of my career as a friend and I figured I better confess. I know that most of you think I'm perfect or too amazing to be real and I'm here to set you straight. :)

One of my closest friends from my mission to Chile is named Justin Ruiz. Justin is one of those overachiever types - he has one more qualifying match before he competes in the Summer Olympics in Greco-Roman Wrestling. Justin woke up earlier than anyone else every morning to do Cardio training and weight lifting (he hauled 90lbs. of dumbbells to Chile - who does that?) I wrestled with him a few times and he crushed me like a rag doll. This was also the guy who taught everyone we came in contact with about APM (Actitud Positiva Mental [PMA {Positive Mental Attitude}]).

Okay. Amazing man. You get it. Anyway, he and his sweet wife were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple a couple of weeks ago and I offered to take some wedding pictures for them with a prosumer grade SLR - easy enough to remember, right?

Long story short - As I was sitting in the sealing room waiting for the cute couple to come in, my mind was overcome with horror as I realized I had forgotten to grab the battery off the charger. . . Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Are you joking me??? Who does that? The most painful part of the whole thing - camera in hand, seeing Sarah's face as I confessed to her that I'd forgotten the battery. That is true embarrassment and pain, people!

Taking heart with a little APM, we made the best of it - luckily, there were a few digital cameras (Justin had me take some photos with his iPhone) and we made it through, but I haven't felt so bad in such a long time. Hot dangit, Justin, I'm sorry! Congratulations to you guys and good luck at the Olympics!

***Quick Update: Catherine and I went to the Doctor's office yesterday and I'm not pregnant, which means I have absolutely no excuses for being an idiot.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Awww, I'm sorry you guys. Maybe some herbal teas? :)