Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Super Happy Fun Blog Time!

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

I don't know what has inspired me, but I have decided to inundate our family blog with tidbits of irrelevant history from the past six weeks - quantity over quality, that's what I always say. :)

First off, we decided that all of the remodeling we did to our little basement apartment wasn't enough and we needed even more projects to take up all of our time. Executive decision? Tear out the bathroom, demolish to the studs, and restructure the rest of the basement.

As many of you can attest, demolishing sounds easier than it actually is - surprises always seem to be creeping up like:

1) that crap you were breathing was actually asbestos - anyone for a mask next time?
2) what do you mean you got fiberglass in your eye?
3) you cut the wrong set of wiring. . . where's that smoke coming from?

In this instance, we happened to find a cement wall where we wanted to put a door. That's easy!

Man alive it's great to be a big dumb animal with a heavy machine. I felt like the dude on Halo with that giant brute shot. Yup, if you can't go around a foundation, just go through it, that's what I always say. If anyone wants to admire my rippling biceps or pecs after this project, I'll be happy to set you up with an appointment.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I think if I found a concrete wall, that is where I would stop. I can't believe you really went through it.