Spiritual Dimension:
- Daily personal and family prayer and scripture study
- Monthly temple attendance and fasting with a purpose
- Start home teaching - I've been a very bad boy :)
- Fitness and weight training 5x/week
- Compete in triathlon (as opposed to a marathon -I'm not as good at running as Catherine)
- Full moon night hike every month (hurray for this Tuesday!)
- Drink at least 2 quarts of water daily
- Go skydiving!!!
- Go bald - check! :)
- Finish a new book every three weeks
- Study GMAT 4x/week
- Brainstorm and meditate 1 hour 2x/week
- Practice piano or guitar 2x/week
- Write a song or poem 1x/week
- Find meaningful community service opportunities
- Strengthen relationships with friends and develop new friendships
- Find at least two new networks to be affiliated with
- Expand professional and social networks (via LinkedIn and Facebook)
Well, there you have it. That's what I'll be focusing on this year. This is the goal framework that Stephen Covey recommends, so we'll see if he knows what he's talking about. :) Just a follow-up about my completed goal from last year (the no candy or desserts goal) - Snickers and ice cream taste great, but I can't believe how much better I feel about myself when I exercise a little more self control. I have the good mind to join Catherine for another year without sweets.
3 comments:
That frame work isn't that of Stephen Covey. Though he may use it, it is actually a biblical reference. "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52. Wisdom equates to the metal dimension, Stature equates to the physical dimension, in favour with God equates to Spiritual, and man is the social dimension.
That's a good model to follow.
I love the goals. My list was a little shorter than yours, but I put that I want to do a triathlon too. I am going to follow up with you on that, too bad we don't live close that that we can sign up for the same one.
I got tired just reading about your goals. Good luck. You guys are crazy.
Mitzi
Post a Comment