Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Debut

Happy 2008! I have been meaning to post on Richard's blog for months now, but I can finally say that it is ours! Although the thought of our readers high expectations for my first post ever is slightly daunting, I am excited to simply share what is on my mind, my goals for the new year. Even though it is a bit cliche to spout off a list of resolutions, I do believe that self reflection helps us be aware of our shortcomings and reigniting that desire to improve is good for us.
So, here they are. :)Spiritual Goal: I will attend the Temple every month at least once.

Physical Goal: I will run a Marathon this year.Mental Goal: I will improve my GPA for Spring '08 Semester and earn greater than a 3.5 Personal Goal: I will not eat any candy, soda pop, or dessert this year.

Well, now I'm accountable not only to myself but to all of our blog reading friends out there! Wishing you all a very happy new year with love.

10 comments:

The Cannons said...

Welcome to your blog Cat. Very nice to see you posting along with Richard. I think your resolutions are fantastic. I don't know if I have ever seriously set a new year's resolution ever, though I think I have set year-long goals, they just usually don't coincide with changing the calendar for some reason. Anyway, keep us posted on your progress.

Scott

Barb said...

YAY, Cat! Way to go on your first post! Very exceptional resolutions as well!

Ashley said...

I MISS YOU CATHERINE!!!

Good goals :)

Remember, sugar free chocolate pudding!!!!

You can do it!!

Luv ya!

The Cannons said...

Well reading that post makes me realize even more how perfect you are for Richard. You both sound a bit like over achievers to me but good luck with all that. I fully support you on all of your goals. Which marathon do you want to run? I thought the one in Logan was great. It's called Top of Utah. Good luck.
Mitzi

April said...

wow those are awesome resolutions!

Julie Ethington said...

Cat...

Yeah! You did it! I have been waiting for to join the blogging world for soooo long! Welcome! You're so cute!

Julie

Jason Bernhisel said...

Very good goals! Good luck!

ETCK said...

Hey Cat! I dropped the circuit training class also. I couldn't do another morning up that early. We just got a new puppy and it's like having a kid. I'm so drained. Anyway - photography was fun together. Let's try and keep in touch.

Tanya
tanya@hcinsight.com

Jarom and Melissa said...

Catherine -- Welcome to blogging! Good luck with those resolutions, especially the dessert thing! If you need marathon tips, let me or Mitzi know. I agree with Mitzi, Top of Utah was great, and it helped me feel better when I didn't make the St. George Marathon raffle. Richard, good to see you keep at your goals! Nice job!
-- Melissa

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Hi Catherine! This is Melanie Walton. Thanks for posting on our blog. No, I don't believe I have ever met you. I've met Richard but I haven't seen him since before you two were married. Thanks for the compliment about our blog. I finally found a design I liked. Good luck on your goal of eating no candy or desserts for a year! I would absolutely die without sugar so I think it is amazing you are going without it. :)