Saturday, June 2nd -
What a rush!!! Almost six weeks ago, Catherine and I made the smartest decision of our married lives - we purchased season passes to Six Flags!!! It turns out that a season pass purchased at any Six Flags resort is valid at every Six Flags in the country. And so, we put together a plan: Six Flags America in Washington D.C. was selling season passes for 49.99 - DAY passes to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey were 59.99. . . . . The rest is history. On April 28, we embarked on our own Hajj to the great land of Six Flags America. No crowds, countless rollercoasters, Looney Tunes, and $50 dollar season passes. . . . Brilliant!!!
As an side, the day is so memorable because my wallet was stolen, thousands of dollars in fraudulent credit were charged, and we've just barely gotten our lives back together, but that story is for another post. . .
Back to the story. Yesterday, we made it to the much larger Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey. We've been going this early in the season because waiting in the lines is actually bearable, contrasted with what Six Flags is normally like in the summer. Our second visit was much busier than the first, but well worth it. We didn't have a clue at the time, but the first ride we went on, Kingda Ka, was the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the world, and it was incredible!!! Wow!!!
As defined by Wikipedia:
The train goes through a switch track which allows 4 trains on two tracks to load simultaneously. Once the train is in position, the hydraulic launch mechanism rockets the train from 0 to 128 miles per hour (206 km/h) in 3.5 seconds. At the end of the launch track, the train climbs the main tower, twisting 90 degrees to the left before reaching a height of 456 feet (139.5 m). The train then descends 418 feet (127 m) straight down through a 270-degree spiral. Finally, the train climbs the second, 129 foot hill, producing a moment of weightlessness before being smoothly brought to a stop by the magnetic brakes.
Here's a video of Kingda Ka from YouTube:
Seriously, I can't tell you how cool this was. Catherine and I waited in the line for the front row seat, and my experience on this ride was unlike any other sensation I have ever felt in my life!!! Like Lehi and the fruit from the tree, my only desire after finishing the ride was to share it with my family. It was that amazing!!! As can be imagined, the rest of the day was just as enjoyable. We rode nine major rollercoasters, a log flume, ate lots of yummy food, and even fit in a Bengal Tiger show (which was actually really cool). Another great day, another great adventure!!!
5 comments:
That video was disgusting!!! My stomach was churning the whole time! I'm so glad there are weird people like you two to ride those kind of rides so I don't have to :) Love the blog you two, keep it up.
I am so jealous! Not that I could go on any rides this summer in my pregnant state, but I love Six Flags. We had an annual tradition here in Houston of taking our kids twice a season, and then they went and closed it down last year. Now where are we supposed to take the kids for that kind of entertainment?
That looks and sounds amazing!
Wish we were there!
Sweet! I love rollercoasters. Too bad we had to wait for 2 1/2 hours to ride Riddler's Revenge, and it wasn't even that awesome, in spite of what the guy in front of me kept telling me the whole time we were in line. Gragg! I'm excited about this blog business. Mitzi and I are going to have to start one so I can keep you guys posted on my BPD escapades.
To me season pass is the best thing as it costs under twice the daily admission tickets. We go to Six Flags Great Adventure 4-5 times and thus always buy the season pass. Some people buy the tickets but end up going 2-3 times thus exhausting 2 years price for the visits to the park worth a year.
Post a Comment