Under the Boardwalk
Down by the sea
Where something and my baby
something something something
Man I love that song!!! Hello everyone! Last Friday and Saturday, we embarked on yet another fun adventure - this time to the Jersey shore of Ocean City. What a crazy place! Now, I've got to tell ya, at first I was a little skeptical. Our good friends the Fisher's invited us to come out and stay in a "trailer park" at the shore. Sounded a little sketchy if you ask me. However, when we pulled into this little gated community, we witnessed hundreds of converted trailers into little beach houses with house extensions, bunk beds built into the linen closet, and faux wood paneling from the 70's to boot! Amazing!
Against all inclination to better judgment,
With a generous serving of chips and salsa (for the sinuses) and cheeseball (for the legs) for breakfast, we made our way to the happiest place on earth - you guessed it. Ocean City. My appraisal? People from Philly go to the shore every weekend because they have never been to the Pacific Ocean. What the??? Jay Ahlmer and I made our dramatic Baywatch entrance into the Atlantic, but after 10 minutes of waiting for any wave worth bodysurfing, we decided sinking our feet in the wet sand would be more entertaining. Oh the suffering!!!
Not to worry, aside from the foreign woman wearing a thong bikini (picture below), the sand proved to be a sanctuary from the morning's disappointments. For any of you perverts who scrolled down for a look-see at the foreigner, I'm very disappointed in you! I digress. We laid out for a spell, Catherine worked on her tan, I worked on my burn. My freckles have turned another shade uglier, so that makes me feel pretty good about myself. :) We filled the rest of the day with frisbee, walks on the boardwalk, Pizza from Mack & Manko's (purportedly the best Pizza in New Jersey, though it tasted mostly like crusted dough with tomato paste and cheese), a delicious smoothie, Polish water ice, and of course, miniature golf at Congo Falls. The trip was a success!!!
The moral of this story:
Chips and Salsa - 3 Points
Golden Grahams - 1 Point
2 comments:
Cat, nice form on that putt! You guys... off on your crazy adventures. I imagine an Ocean city weekend vacation is kind of like a Cedar City weekend vacation... you sample all the local fun and then you're done!
Richard, you're such a natural at this blogging thing. With some people's blogs, you read what they write and it's like blah, blah, blah, but yours was very well written. Kudos to you! I was entertained the whole post. Sounds like you all had a great time!! You'll have to take us to Ocean City someday.
Post a Comment