Europe was unreal. Meaning, I can't believe I'm that lucky to have seen and done the things I did. It was fun and beautiful and the trip of a lifetime. I have decided that America is comfortable, inexpensive, and provides high-quality goods, all wonderful things that one comes to really miss as an expat. But... I LOVE experiencing the culture, richness, change of pace, and perspective of the rest of the world. It sounds cheese-ball, but I think Richard and I would both say that we experienced so much, not only site-seeing but within us, that it was life changing.
Friday, August 21, 2009
A Summer in Europe
We are back! But I'm feeling overwhelmed with the 2,000 photos we took, so until I tackle that, thanks for your patience and here's a little morsel to enjoy.

Europe was unreal. Meaning, I can't believe I'm that lucky to have seen and done the things I did. It was fun and beautiful and the trip of a lifetime. I have decided that America is comfortable, inexpensive, and provides high-quality goods, all wonderful things that one comes to really miss as an expat. But... I LOVE experiencing the culture, richness, change of pace, and perspective of the rest of the world. It sounds cheese-ball, but I think Richard and I would both say that we experienced so much, not only site-seeing but within us, that it was life changing.
Europe was unreal. Meaning, I can't believe I'm that lucky to have seen and done the things I did. It was fun and beautiful and the trip of a lifetime. I have decided that America is comfortable, inexpensive, and provides high-quality goods, all wonderful things that one comes to really miss as an expat. But... I LOVE experiencing the culture, richness, change of pace, and perspective of the rest of the world. It sounds cheese-ball, but I think Richard and I would both say that we experienced so much, not only site-seeing but within us, that it was life changing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh! I am SO glad you guys got to have this experience. I know it is one that you will always treasure! I <3 Cat and Richard!
I can't wait to see more pictures! Matt and I always talk about going to Europe, but it will probably be in like 20 years so for now I have to be satisfied looking at other people's pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a great experience!
Wow- you've whet my appetite! I'm excited to hear more! I know uploading pictures there is torturous, though. Love you guys!
We have missed you! What gorgeous pictures.
2000 pictures? Did you get lazy and stop taking some? I would have expected at least 200 pictures per day.
I'm so excited to see them! I've been very patient... Please upload them soon! :) Seriously... how jealous are we!!!
Gorgeous pictures.
More!! More pictures!!!
Catherine, I am so glad you have the experience of seeing Europe. It will stay in your heart forever. Rich and I enjoyed a 10 day cruise stopping in various places. It was heaven. Now, six weeks is a whole different ball game!
Looking forward to seeing more of your incredible photography!
I would love, love, love to get together...call me when you're in town or email me and we'll set up a time!! Love you and am so excited to catch up!
Post a Comment