
WE ARE MOVING!
Dear Family and Friends,
Richard and I have big news!!! Richard recently learned of a job opportunity in the United Arab Emirates and received an employment offer!
That's right, Richard and I are moving to Al Ain in the Middle East (a city near Dubai). Richard will be working as an Advisor to the Vice Chancellor (doing finance and budgeting) in setting up a System of Higher Education for the United Arab Emirates. This is a three year commitment but we are planning on coming home to visit often. Actually, Richard is already there and I will be joining him around the end of December. The timing of this opportunity is perfect as I will be graduating from the University of Utah with a Communication degree in a couple of weeks.
We are so excited for this amazing opportunity to live in a different part of the world, travel all over, and experience the many adventures that await us. Once over there, I look forward to finding a job, serving in the LDS branch, and hopefully even to welcome miniature Rich and Cat's to our family. (no, this is not an announcement.)
We plan on coming back home to visit but, if any of you find yourself in the Middle East (or you are looking for a good excuse to get out there), you are more than welcome to stay with us.

9 comments:
How exciting!! What a great opportunity!
Holy cow! WOW! Good luck!
SO SO excited for you. Maybe we will have to find our way out there...
Get ready cause here we come! I am so excited for you guys!
That sounds so exciting! Congratulations! And I hope you keep this updated with all of your adventures!
Wow, how exciting! Good luck and what an amazing opportunity! Keep the posts coming.
RETRO! It's me Aurora! I just peeked at your blog for the first time...I just spent 2 months in the Middle East! In Jordan mostly but I did visit Israel and Egypt. All I can say is Branches over there are so amazing. You will love the spirit and Unity you feel there, it's...different. Anyway what an exciting opportunity for you, good luck and lots of love!
Courtenay
It looks like you are taking the opportunity to be with Cat's folks in United Arab Emeritis. No doubt you'll meet Brad Cook, the University President there and someone I think is a really sharp guy! I am so happy for you have this fantastic experience! Okay if I sneak a peek at your blog now and then - I just jump here via the link from Scott's blog where I cam constantly checking for pictures/video of darling Corbin! Janet
Just wondering if you made it...but more curious how mine and Erika's lesson (that you were supposed to convey to Richard) has been working??
Post a Comment