Friday, May 16, 2008

Do you like my new footwear? Fashion forward, right?

Well, I first injured my foot in the middle of March. I was playing soccer with our team and Richard accidentally stepped really hard on the top of my foot. Although it hurt a lot, I thought is was just a bad bruise and that would would heal in about a week. I limped around for a few days but when it was time to play soccer or go for a run, I went for it. The problem with that was revealed after about 30 minutes of running on my foot. It would start to hurt so badly, just as though I had re-injured it. I went to my primary doctor for an X-Ray, but when the doctor said that none of my bones were broken, I went on my way with instructions to keep resting it. So , I would ice it again and try to stay off of it , until the next game that is. This pattern of some rest and then limping with pain continued until last week when I decided I was really injured and needed to see a specialist. The podiatrist examined my foot and confirmed that no bones were broken with a second round of X-Rays. He then explained that it could very well be that the tendons in the middle of my foot, where the toes attach to the foot bone, were torn or stretched. Somewhere between the metatarsals and the cuneiform bones.

I am now in this lovely soft cast that I must wear for at least 4 weeks and an MRI is pending.

The worst part of it all is not that I wobble all over campus or that I feel less than attractive, no, it is that I can't play soccer!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh no!! That stinks! You should totally decorate your foot thingy!! Make it match!! You'll be back on the field soon and playing a mean game of soccer! Feel better!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Ouch. I'm sorry you also have a husband that beats up on you. Just kidding. Good luck with the healing process. I know from experience leg injuries are NOT fun. Let us know if you need anything.
-- Melissa

Amy said...

Poor girl, that sucks! As I recall Richard broke your toe or something when you guys were here for the summer...you need to tell him to be a little nicer :) Hope you heal quickly.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the post! Sorry to hear that you have to keep that on boot on and it is a bummer that it is interfering with Soccer.

The Cannons said...

Well at least you figured out what is wrong hopefully and you can start healing. That is sad no soccer for you, I had no idea you were such a soccer nut. Lucky for you So You Think You Can Dance is starting in 3 days!
Mitzi

klt9976 said...

I hope your boot is off. That "hike" around Silver Lake is brutal! I added you on my blog list!