Cincode Mayo (Spanish for "5th of May") is a regional holiday in Mexico, primarily celebrated in the state of Puebla. It is not an obligatory federal holiday. The holiday commemorates an initial victory of Mexican forces led by General Seguinover French forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1962. The date is observed in the United States and other locations around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.
Here are some fab pics from cincode mayo in 2005 at one of the best Mexican restaurants in town, SuCasa .
That top picture is classic. We went out to eat in celebration of the holiday, but then at the last minute decided upon Texas BBQ instead of traditional Mexican. Is that bad?
We're glad that we know someone who celebrates Cinco de Mayo. We had quesidillas yesterday if that counts. That food looks good. We'll have to eat there sometime. -- Melissa
Way to celebrate guys. I always think after it's over and I look at the calendar that I should do something fun for that holiday. Maybe next year... Mitzi
I didn't know the French were fighting the Mexicans in 1962!? Crazy! I thought they were too busy trying to keep their Southeast Asian empire intact after the post-WW2 anti-colonial sentiment began to gain strength...Oh, you meant 1862. Well, that makes more sense. Ha! Leave it to me to point out someone's honest mistake and turn it into a big bloggy scene. I did like the Mexican platter pictures - Mmmmm...
Scott
P.S. Thanks so much for playing Cannonball with us on my birthday. That was flippin' rock-tastic.
Love the shirts guys! Only you two would be able to pull something off like that and still look suave. Dave and I would just look like a couple of idiots :)
9 comments:
LOVE those shirts! They're so awesome! I have two dresses for Julia to wear with the same kind of beautiful flower embroidery on them.
That top picture is classic. We went out to eat in celebration of the holiday, but then at the last minute decided upon Texas BBQ instead of traditional Mexican. Is that bad?
We're glad that we know someone who celebrates Cinco de Mayo. We had quesidillas yesterday if that counts. That food looks good. We'll have to eat there sometime.
-- Melissa
Love the matching shirts!
Way to celebrate guys. I always think after it's over and I look at the calendar that I should do something fun for that holiday. Maybe next year...
Mitzi
I didn't know the French were fighting the Mexicans in 1962!? Crazy! I thought they were too busy trying to keep their Southeast Asian empire intact after the post-WW2 anti-colonial sentiment began to gain strength...Oh, you meant 1862. Well, that makes more sense. Ha! Leave it to me to point out someone's honest mistake and turn it into a big bloggy scene. I did like the Mexican platter pictures - Mmmmm...
Scott
P.S. Thanks so much for playing Cannonball with us on my birthday. That was flippin' rock-tastic.
Love the shirts guys! Only you two would be able to pull something off like that and still look suave. Dave and I would just look like a couple of idiots :)
Hey you guys! We really miss you! Love the shirts, hope things are going well. Hope to hear from you soon! Love the Kones
love the outfits! We miss you guys hope all is going well.
Post a Comment