Tuesday, February 26, 2008

You've been Googled

Okay, so today started out like any other day: I showered, trimmed my unusually long chest hair, stopped by Glamour Shots for my daily shoot, and headed into the office in downtown Salt Lake City. Little did I know that my world was about to be rocked by Google. Here's a picture:


Right now you're asking yourself why I posted this picture. The answer: I don't rightly know. This was a T-shirt I saw at Ocean City, NJ and I just had to snap the picture. . .

I digress. So I had a lunch meeting with my Mission President today and I googled our location. And then. . . . it happened. I have read about this for months, but it has finally happened to the humble people of Utah: Street View. Has anyone else played with this?

***Actual stalkers, please disregard the next little bit***
****Please disregard the invitation to disregard - the previously displayed address has been censored by (popular) demand****

So I was playing with street view on the downtown Salt Lake City maps, and I started exploring elsewhere. Turns out that my current location of domicile (Censored and Banned Address) also has 360 degree street view, as does my childhood home and homes of friends and relatives in Salt Lake and Utah County. What the??? Street view is just as it sounds - Google employs people who drive on nearly every road in the County with a mounted 360 degree camera that captures multiple images every second.


What the crap man?!?! This is carazy! I haven't yet successfully identified the exact date this image was taken. I tried to zoom in on company signs that show temperature and date, but the resolution wasn't fine enough. And Google calls itself cutting edge. . . give me a break. Lol (that means laugh out loud - who knew?) I suck at this.

6 comments:

Barb said...

This is crazy, man! Funny post!

SWILUA said...

you might not want to post your actual address, though, FYI. (or your last name or the year of your birth, or anything else that stalkers/identity theives/other psychos might be able to use)

;-)

Julie Ethington said...

I'm with K... if you're worried about stalkers, you should be REALLY worried now! (and your little wife too!) :)

Scott Ethington said...

Wanna see something really scary?
Watch This

Jarom and Melissa said...

hahaha- I'm checking it out RIGHT now!

Jarom

justin and sarah said...

I'm stalking you Richard. Be afraid, be very afraid. :(
By the way which mission pres was it, broadbent or romney?