Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!!!

Ah yes, February 29th. Who was the genius who thought of this? Does the earth really take 365 1/4 days to rotate around the sun? Really? I don't think so. This sounds like the type of mischief that Benjamin Franklin would be up to to confuse the Red Coats. Always stirring the pot, eh Benjamin? I propose that instead of having February 29th, we should have two December 21sts every year - once in December, the other in June. That way, I could celebrate my birthday in two different seasons and cash out my Roth IRA in a year and a half. Brilliant!!! Who's with me?

Best Regards,

Silence DoGood

2 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Leap year is a funny thing. We agree!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Once again, I go to post a comment and I see the mrs. has beat me again!

By the way, sounds like the best idea I've heard in ages. I believe August 21 would be a more appropriate date, that way I could benefit from two birthdays too.

Jarom