Monday, February 18, 2008

Husband of Mine




What's his name? Richard Kent Ethington

How long have you been married? 2 and a half years (it will be 3 in July)

How long did you date? Dated 5 months and engaged 4 months

How old is he? 27

Who said I love you first? Richard

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first, but I kissed him right back!

Who asked out who first? He drove me home from where we met and asked me if he could call me sometime. We hung out at a Halloween party but our first real date, Richard took me to the Symphony. The funny part was that I was late getting ready so we didn't have time to go to a restaurant. So, we ate Wendy's salads on top of a building overlooking the city. So classy and yet down to earth, I loved it.

Who proposed? Richard asked me to marry him on April 6th, 2005. He took me up to the building where we ate on our first date at sunrise. We ate breakfast and danced to a CD he made of all of our songs. He said that he wanted to propose on this day because it has so much meaning. April 6th the birthday of Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith and the Church was reorganized on this day.

Who eats more? Hopefully Richard

Who is taller? Richard is 6'2'' and I'm 5'7''

Who is smarter? Richard is brilliant! He had a 4.0 his whole life and has amazing discipline. I am only more capable when it comes to creativity, art, spacial perception, and that kind of thing.

Who does laundry? Mostly I do, but Richard is always willing to help.

Who does the dishes? We do them together.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep on the right, but I used to sleep on the left when we lived in Philly.

Who pays the bills? Richard is a finance genius and is kind enough to take care of them. Thanks Honey!

Who mows the lawn? Richard and I are both willing, but currently, neither one of us.

Who cooks dinner? Richard loves to make something quick, but if it's a meal, then I'm usually cooking it.

Who drives when you are together? Almost always Richard, he just loves to drive and it's OK with me.

Who is more stubborn? Richard is, but i'm sure he'll deny it.

Who is cleaner? We both like things clean but I am more organized.

Who has more siblings? Richard has five (two brothers and three sisters) and I have two (one brother and one sister).

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we try to share the wearing of the "pants"

Whose parents do you see more often? Well, we live in my parents' house so we see my parents fairly often (probably every day). But Richard's mom lives 15 minutes away, so we see them at least once a week.

Who has more friends? This is a funny question! I guess I do but his friends are a core and always have been. I have a lot of friends from high school and college, but everyone who meets Richard instantly loves him!


Thanks for the tag, Barb! I now tag Rachel, Becky, Alisa, Jacqueline, and Cara.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Always fun to find out more about you guys! Hope you're doing well!
-- Jarom and Melissa

henderson family said...

If I get the time, I might respond to this tag! (: Love to see you blogging- keep it up! I miss you and reading your thoughts helps me feel better about it!

April said...

You guys seem really cute, and does he have red hair? We Newman's like red hair :) This is April by the way and we have a blog too I added yours to ours hope that is ok :)

dannyandaprilnewman.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Richard! I just realized I never replied to you when you found me a few months ago! I'm glad to read that you are both doing well...It's been quite some time since the old days of goofing off at RQN...

Unknown said...

Cat! Look at you! Blogging like a pro! I miss you!