Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Perfect Day!

Some days are just amazing, you know? It's not that other days aren't as great, just sometimes things really flow. November 10 was just such a day - not only did I get a ton of stuff done during the day that I needed to, but Catherine and I embarked on a hiking adventure to kick-off the supposed last day of dry-peaked mountains. We did a fun ridge hike along the foothills of the avenues and had a blast! We stopped by the cemetery to visit my dad just as the dark of night settled in. Follow that up with some delicious eats at Costa Vida and a cozy movie night snuggling with the love of my life, and you've got an incredible day!!!



Just in case it was, in fact, the last day before a lasting snow fall, I decided to do a night jaunt up Mt. Grandeur. It was a brisk night when I started at 11:00 - about 35 degrees at the base of the hike, but hiking in the dry cold isn't that big of a deal. The workout was fabulous, the mountain landscape to the East was breathtaking, and the view from the top is always worth the effort. It's days like this that make me the happiest bloke in the world!!!

2 comments:

Julie Ethington said...

YEAH!!! Richard! You finally posted something! I love reading your blog and I was getting a little Richard deprived! You and Cat are the cutest!

Sorry about the Halloween pics... I can give you all of ours... but you'll have to come over and see our Imac before the exchange can take place! :) C'mon Richard! :)

Loves and Loves... Julie

The Cannons said...

You and your hiking. I don't know if I ever caught on to the idea as much as you may have hoped, but I do enjoy the headlamp you inspired me to buy from time to time. Maybe I'll want to hike more now that we're living in Boise, whose mountains are mole-hills compared to those surrounding SLCounty. It's like the old saying goes: You never know how much you love something until you move away and no longer have the option. That's how it goes, isn't it?

Scott