Friday, September 14, 2007

Google Reader is Amazing!!!

Alright you guys, I am embarrassed to admit that it has taken me this long to learn about Google Reader, and I bet most of you already use it, but I feel obligated to tell you about it just in case you haven't yet been introduced.

Before you read any further, I must say that I am a Google fanatic. I am always trying to sell everyone on Gmail because it is simply the best. My homepage is my personalized iGoogle page. I manage my life from Google Calendars, manage documents I want from any computer with Google Documents, maintain photo repositories with Google Photos, and blog on Google's Blogger. Don't even get me started about Grand Central, which I'll talk about later.

Acknowledging those facts, Google Reader is an amazing manager for Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds. This just means that for any site I ask for, every time there is a new news headline or article, Google Reader will let me know. This is awesome for bloggers because every time anyone posts a new article, I know about it right away. You'll notice from my screen shot that I also use Reader to track Apple and Gadget news, Technology Deals, and News from Business Week, New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. Reader is like an e-mail inbox for whatever you want to know, and it's all completely free. Once you've read the new feed, it is marked as read and doesn't show up in your inbox unless you want it to. Click the picture for a high-res shot:


Just letting you know! Whether you want to know what Ben Bernanke just said or you're curious what a fellow blogger is up to without going through every site, you might think this is as cool as I do.

That's all!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Google Reader is the best! It's the only way to blog stalk your friends!

The Cannons said...

Blog stalking? Genius! That's just what I need, seeing as I am now a bit of a blogaholic. But the last thing I need right now is a new program to figure out, but maybe I'll make an exception. Gant!

Jason Bernhisel said...

Rich! I also agree that google is amazing and eventually will take over the world. In the mean time their products are great. I use reader as well, but not as well as you do I must admit.

I also use google to host my web pages with Google Apps. You should check that out if you ever want a personal email address, web page, etc.

Kimberly said...

I guess I should use this program just for the shear fact that I can read your blog right after you post them and not 2 weeks later when I finally get around to it.