Holy weird, man! So we got busted in the mail a few days ago. You may recall that we went to Ocean City for an Atlantic Ocean getaway a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the contraband EZ Pass (:P) device we placed on the windshield as we darted through the gates of freedom did not process, and to my horror, I witnessed for the first time a sign that read, "Toll Unpaid". . . . . Nnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Time would only tell what great misfortune would come as consequence to this misdemeanor (I hear that if you run an EZ Pass toll booth in Iran they cut off your steering wheel). Well, the misdemeanor was quantified, and boy was it ugly. Believe it or not, the penalty for the indiscretion was 3, 571.43% more than the actual toll! What the cra#, man? At any rate, you'll be happy to know that we're fighting this one to the death, even if it means a warrant out for our arrest in New Jersey. "They may take our steering wheels, but they will never take. . . our. . . FREEDOM!!!!!!!"
Truth be known (told?), the financial penalty was not the most frightening part of the ticket. Click on the image and take a closer look.
To our great astonishment and horror, the picture supplied reveals the image of ghosts in the rear passenger seat. Beyond the scraper, the little headlamp, and road maps, look carefully as the personages of two ghastly figures take shape in the shadows! What the??? Our very own experience of "Terror On the Highway"! Maybe that was why the car behind us kept giving me the brights!? I just thought I was driving too slow in the passing lane. Actually, come to think of it, those shadowy presences are probably the Ahlmers who rode down to the shore with us. Yep, I think that's right. Well, another case closed. Whew, that was a close one. I wonder if this is how Nancy Drew feels all the time. :) Until next time!Sleuth Ricardo
2 comments:
You're weird! :)
ha ha ha, i liked mike and julie's comment.
oh, the toll roads... they suck.
Post a Comment