Sunday, July 22, 2007

Going Once, Going Twice, Sold to the Pope!

We experienced the hand of the Lord once again this week and it was heroic! I told Catherine that there were two miracles left that needed to happen before we leave Pennsylvania: 1) Sell our car, 2) Get fired from my job.

On July 9th, I posted our car on Craigslist.org and Catherine posted it on the Siemens Exchange website. By the end of the day, I had taken four calls and shown little Betty to two people. Tuesday, I received six e-mails and showed the car to two more people. Wednesday, I received three e-mails inquiring about the car and showed it to one person. One of Tuesday's e-mails was from a man named John Paul who agreed to see Betty on Thursday morning at 7:00.

Thursday, July 12th - I woke up at 5:45 with a strange feeling like there was something I was supposed to do that I had forgotten about: John Paul. . . I'd forgotten to set the alarm for John Paul. Providence? Not a chance. Divine Intervention? Absolutely. It didn't take more than five minutes for a verbal contract of sale. In his own words, JP said the car was "immaculate." Alright, maybe I made that last part up, but he liked it a whole heap. Less than an hour later, a written contract sealed the deal.

I'm not experienced at selling cars, but to sell our car in less than 72 hours after initial efforts seems to us a complete miracle. Best of all, we kept Betty until Friday, July 20th and Curtis and Becky Fisher (ward friends) have been kind enough to lend us one of their cars until the 28th. The Lord answers prayers!!! What amazing blessings!!!

No comments: