| Elizabeth age 3 |
| Mark age 16 months |
While Richard and I went on our Cruise, my parents took care of Elizabeth and Mark at their house for the week. I put together this information for them and wanted to remember it. It's a sample day for the kids and a few
helpful ideas.
June 2013
7:00 AM:
Elizabeth wakes. I let her watch cartoons on the ipad which she knows how to use, until breakfast. I make her sit in the high chair.
7:30 AM:
Mark wakes. Both kids are very thirsty for water when then wake up.
Breakfast. Eating goes better when both kids are in high chairs, E is used to having to sit in it.
8:30 AM:
Play with toys. Get dressed. Change E into underwear and remind her to use the toilet. Mark usually has a poop before his morning nap.
Play with toys. Get dressed. Change E into underwear and remind her to use the toilet. Mark usually has a poop before his morning nap.
9:00 AM:
Mark naps and Elizabeth has quiet time. (I'm trying to only let Mark have the binkie at sleep time)
She likes to color with crayons and washable markers, paint with water colors, play dough, play with toys, or watch to ipad. I make her sit in her high chair for all art to contain the mess.
She likes to color with crayons and washable markers, paint with water colors, play dough, play with toys, or watch to ipad. I make her sit in her high chair for all art to contain the mess.
10:45 AM:
Mark wakes up. Both kids are ready for a drink of water and a snack/lunch.
Then we usually have an outing or do something active to tire them out.
Then we usually have an outing or do something active to tire them out.
1:00 PM:
Both kids go down for a nap. Elizabeth wears a diaper to sleep in but underwear when awake.
2:30 PM:
Mark wakes up. He wants a drink and a snack. We play or read books quietly.
3:30 PM:
Elizabeth wakes up. She is a bit grumpy and needs a little cuddle or hug for a minute. She likes a drink.
Elizabeth wakes up. She is a bit grumpy and needs a little cuddle or hug for a minute. She likes a drink.
Another
outing, some ideas are the library, park, city creek play area, zoo
with Barb, walks, backyard, run errands, splash pad park, etc.
6:00 PM:
Dinner. Playtime. One or both kids poop during this time.
7:00 PM:
Bedtime prep. Kids take a bath, brush Marks teeth, Cetaphil lotion on both kids. Diapers and pajamas on both. Say prayers together.
7:30 PM:
Mark to bed. Safety pin his binkie
to his collar. He loves a song such as Twinkle Twinkle or I Am A Child
of God while you hold him. Then I say goodnight and lay him down on his
stomach, and drape his blanket on his back. Walk out. He usually goes
right down, if he does cry he stops within a few minutes.
Elizabeth helps (with a lot of direction) clean up all of
the toys and tidy up the house. After she helps she gets a small treat.
Brush teeth. Read a book.
8:00 PM:
Elizabeth
is in bed with her lovey and I sing her 2 songs. She often asks for a
tissue and drink of water. Then I remind her of all of the fun things we
did today and tell her about fun we'll have tomorrow. That helps her
relax and hopefully stay in her bed. I try to remind her to go pee and
poop throughout the day but she usually waits to poo in her diaper. I do
still lock her door if she keeps getting out of bed.
EATING IDEAS:
*I give mark
his own fork or spoon while I have another spoon that I feed him with
simultaneously. He like to try and do it but it goes much better if I'm
helping.
scrambled eggs
toast with butter or strawberry jam
green smoothie
cheerios with milk
oatmeal with a little apple juice
Pancakes with syrup and PB
toast with butter or strawberry jam
green smoothie
cheerios with milk
oatmeal with a little apple juice
Pancakes with syrup and PB
vanilla yogurt
cheese
oranges, pears, grapes, bananas
mac and cheese
chili
grilled chicken
steamed broccoli
cheese ravioli
(Elizabeth also likes:)
baby carrots with ranch
tuna with pickles and red onion on wheat sandwich
PB and strawberry jam sandwich
apples
asparagus
cucumbers
2 comments:
Great schedule, great kids. My favorite comment was from Dad, "Things are going great, except the kids forgot to read the schedule." :)
Loved the updates. Cute kids!
Post a Comment