Saturday, June 9, 2012

On the road to success

First, thanks for all of the sweet comments and words of encouragement! It really means so much to have support from dear friends and family.

So here's the update.

After doing the regular bedtime ritual last night, I laid Elizabeth down in her crib as I explained that if she stayed in her crib then I would leave the door open. She liked that idea. I tucked her in and left the room leaving the door wide open. Two minutes later she was roaming the house. I picked her up, tucked her back into the crib, said I love you and walked out, locking the door behind me. She immidiately climbed out, started crying at the door. After less than 30 minutes she was quiet. I went into her room expecting her to have crashed on the floor, but found her asleep on the mattress. Plus, she had pulled the blankets out of the crib and over the the bed where she tucked herself in. Yes! Also, she slept until 6:30 am.

It's only been one night but I already feel like shouting, "SUCCESS!"

Keep it up little cutie face. 


3 comments:

Ashley said...

You're amazing!!!

Barb said...

Hooray! I hope it sticks!!

Melissa said...

Glad to hear things may be getting better! Keep up the good work, both of you!