Photos from Al Ain

![]() |
| Al Ain Palace Museum (Home to Sheikh Zayed, Father of UAE) |
![]() |
| Al Ain Oasis |
DeAnn and Harold, Richard's mom and her husband, came to visit us for two weeks and we loved every second of it! We were so happy to share this amazing place with them and Elizabeth enjoyed playing with Grandma and Grandpa.
January 28, 2011
They flew in late the night before, so we hugged, chatted for a bit, and then went to bed. Friday is the sabbath over here so we piled into our Rav4 and drove the 8 minuets to church. The vacation timing worked out well as Richard and I were asked to sing a duet this day and they got be hear it. For dinner we had my parents over (they also live in Abu Dhabi) and then went for a walk on the Corniche (road along the beach). We picked up materials about Jerusalem from ward friends and worked on our upcoming tour of the Holy Land into the night.
January 29, Saturday
Day trip to Al Ain! We drove the 90 minuets each way so that we could show them where we called home for 2 years. I took Mom to the fabric shop and then to the tailor I have worked with a lot. Next we grabbed a bite at Subway (Harold's favorite) and stopped by Carrefour for an umbrella stroller. This proved to be the best investment for our trip! We checked out the Palace Museum and explored the Al Ain Oasis for the afternoon. When dinner rolled around, we took them to our favorite place to eat, Nadeem. A total dive. . . but serves the most amazing Pakistani food! Mom and Harold thought it was scary and wouldn't eat at first, but then tasted it and got over the foreign ambiance. :) Once we got back to Abu Dhabi, we finalized plans for hotels and cars in Jordan and Israel while grazing habanero almonds and dark chocolate. Good times!






5 comments:
How fun for them to be able to experience what your life is like there!!
Neat!
You look amazing cat, as usual.
Your elizabeth is gorgeous, and i LOVE those pictures of her on the quilt in the last post! (the quilt is gorgeous too...)
We miss you guys...and your fun phone calls too. Haha, someday we'll be in the same place at the same time again so I can meet that beautiful girl.
I love reading about your life and adventures...thanks for keeping it up!
I love the first picture! Elizabeth looks like her daddy in the picture of the two of them. What an experience you two are having. Cute fam!
I mean you three are having.
That sounds like so much fun! I miss you two singing. :(
Post a Comment