Thursday, February 24, 2011


The getting back on a schedule/sleep training is totally working. 

Hazzah!
I understand that it doesn't work for everyone, but it really seems to work for us right now. (I wish I could say that for her first 5 months of life, those days were all over the place.) It was also helpful that Elizabeth was sleeping so well for a while, so I felt more confidant that we could get back there again. 

Elizabeth's schedule:
7:30am - wake, nurse, solids
9:00am - nap
10:30-11:00am - wake, nurse, solids
2:00pm - nap
4:00pm - wake, nurse, solids
7:00pm - read stories, pray, pj's, nurse
7:30-7:50pm - in bed asleep 
(sleeps all night, at least 11 hours!)

For the past 4 days I have been planning everything around making sure we stick to this schedule, and it has been so worth it. 

Thanks for sharing in my joy about the matter, dear readers. 



7 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so happy for all three of you!! She's so cute in that little outfit- the hat is killing me!

SWILUA said...

I love the outfit, too. I've got such good memories of fat & floppy baby Lily wearing it. I'm glad it still looks so good! (Her fat & floppy stage apparently didn't coincide with her "destroy everything you touch" phase. :)

Tyler and Emily said...

I'm so jealous! Milky has been a bad sleeper lately. Such a cute picture

Julie Ethington said...

Okay... so, this picture melted my heart and made me think that I actually can do the baby stage again... with two! This is probably the sweetest picture I've ever seen! How I wish Taylor didn't run toward the camera every time I pull it out yelling "See it! See it!" before I've even taken the picture! These shots just make me jealous! I'm so happy the schedule is working! I truly think that the schedule idea was heaven sent!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad she's sleeping so well for you. I'm so jealous. Bryson didn't sleep through the night until he was almost a year. Sounds like the schedule you've got going is working well. Keep it up. She's adorable.

wenwin said...

hang in there. schedules are the best thing ever!

Chelsea said...

I am glad you have found something that works for you. I think it is totally worth it! Hardest things we do usually are :)